[treatment log] athlete's foot

random stuff
AkaiHebi
admin
admin

[treatment log] athlete's foot

Post by AkaiHebi » 2016 Mar 29, 16:03

Warning: this topic has very little purpose for common people. It merely serves me as progress log in my treatment of athlete's foot.
Because athlete's foot treatment can take anywhere between 2 to 4 weeks, improvement is not easy to track. Therefor, I'll update this topic with pics day after day so I can track how well the treatment works (or not).

Again, this topic is of little interest for most people, unless you do medical studies, are professional medic, have foot fetish, or love to see gross skin infections.

Short summary: 2 weeks ago I noticed an itching at my foot's sole (both feet), and gradually it evolved in what looked like a blister / open wound / flayed skin and hurt me while walking (especially on the surface of contact between toes). But then a scale-like patch appeared on the foot's sole, and little itching vesicles. That's how I understood it's no simple foot injury, but really a skin infection (in fact: "athlete's foot" caused by fungus). It's still an early state, but I want it gone as soon as possible, before it starts eating my toe nails.

The diagnosis and treatment beginning today, I have additional steps to do: carefully cleaning my bathroom with bleach, making sure my shoes are very dry, making sure to wear white cotton sport socks and making sure to dry my feet very very well. Also when I know I will be wearing shoes for a prolonged time, I'll put talc or corn starch on my feet to keep them dry as much as possible.

My treatment: I was given Mycoapaisyl 1%, made by Merck laboratories. Contents: econazole nitrate (1%), ethylene glycol palmitostearate, polyixyethylene glycol (TEFOSE 63), unsaturated polyglycosylated glycerides (LABRAFIL M 1944 CS), light liquid paraffin, benzoic acid, butylated hydroxyanisole, anhydrous colloidal silicon dioxide (AEROSIL 200), perfume (essential oils of lavender, orange and mandarin, linalyl acetate, citronellol, butylated hydroxytoluene, dipropylene glycol), purified water.

It's a kind of creme to put on the infected zones and around. To apply it without contaminating my fingers, I use disposable PVC gloves.

AkaiHebi
admin
admin

Re: [treatment log] athlete's foot

Post by AkaiHebi » 2016 Mar 29, 16:10

Day 1, before treatment.
1.jpg
Can clearly see the harder skin patch, fitting the "moccasin foot" description. Also some shedding skin, and a few vesicles in the middle. Also notice the toes getting scale-like skin, shedding skin. The other side of the toes seem unharmed so far: no shedding skin, no change in color.
I applied the cream on the whole foot sole and all around the toes and between them, to prevent spreading.

AkaiHebi
admin
admin

Post by AkaiHebi » 2016 Mar 30, 14:19

Holy. Shit. I just noticed something... Back when I did my Ashi Koki Musume onahole review, I made something a bit stupid:

.. the timeframe... the location of the infection... It could be related ! Maybe, maybe the Ashi Koki Musume onahole gave me athlete's foot !
How come my groin area remained unaffected for so long ? Maybe because I take extra precaution to dry it, unlike my feet back then. Or maybe also I spend so much time naked fapping every day, leaving no chance for spores to develop :D

Or: the lube contains a powerful antifungi, making the inside safe when using, but not the outside: spores on the surface + moist foot soles +nonbreathing socks and closed shoes = fungus.

AkaiHebi
admin
admin

Post by AkaiHebi » 2016 Mar 30, 20:27

Day 2. Did it.. improve a little bit already ? That's the other foot, and the pic isn't sharp.
IMG_20160330_220457.jpg

AkaiHebi
admin
admin

Post by AkaiHebi » 2016 Mar 31, 20:16

Day 3, left foot. It's not easy to tell how much it improved because all the treated zone became reddish. There's less shedding skin. As of today, toenails are still unharmed.
IMG_20160331_220336.jpg

AkaiHebi
admin
admin

Post by AkaiHebi » 2016 Apr 01, 16:47

Day 4, left foot. I think it's my shower gel that makes my skin so reddish, so I'm taking this pic before shower.
It seems my skin keeps shedding, but the new skin seems unaffected. There's a white spot appearing (shedding skin ?), I'll keep an eye on that. The toes seem to get better.
I plan on going a bit further and also applying 3% hydrogen peroxyde + 25% white vinegar mix. I have 1 week to drastically kill the fungus with maximum efficiency.
IMG_20160401_183542.jpg

AkaiHebi
admin
admin

Post by AkaiHebi » 2016 Apr 02, 19:03

Day 5, left foot. It got... a tiny little bit better ? :/
Starting today I try to accelerate the healing, by making water + 1/4 vinegar + 100 mL hydrogen peroxyde soak.
IMG_20160402_193206.jpg

AkaiHebi
admin
admin

Post by AkaiHebi » 2016 Apr 03, 19:49

Day 6, left foot. Again, hard to tell how it evolved.
I decided from now on to spray 3% hydrogen peroxyde on the zone and toes, to speed up the fungi killing.
IMG_20160403_203702.jpg

AkaiHebi
admin
admin

Post by AkaiHebi » 2016 Apr 04, 18:38

Day 7, left foot. THAT is progress ! The hydrogen peroxyde spray seems to make wonders !
IMG_20160404_193758.jpg

AkaiHebi
admin
admin

Post by AkaiHebi » 2016 Apr 06, 10:02

Day 8. It's... improving right ? More skin falling off.. :disdain:
IMG_20160405_203451.jpg