¿oily onahole can mean a risk to my health?

Give and ask help for choosing products
GoLe
novice
novice

¿oily onahole can mean a risk to my health?

Post by GoLe » 2018 Jan 11, 04:41

Hi i just have bought my fisrt onahole ONAHOLE HANJUKU SUCCUBUS PINK, by Kiterukiteru, it was oily, there´s a web with information about toxic sextoys were they say if the toy has an oily texture maybe it can contain Phthalates, i know this product is TPE, but what is the reason for the oily texture? its safe to use it? since its a new maker with only one review here, i have my doubs about safety

thanks in advance and have a good night :)

,Image

ehrmantraut88
novice
novice

Re: ¿oily onahole can mean a risk to my health?

Post by ehrmantraut88 » 2018 Jan 20, 17:08

As long as it is genuinely made in Japan, it would probably not pose any health risk. All onaholes get oily over time. Cheap ones get oily faster than high-quality ones, like Meiki. For the outer surface, use some soap to clean it up, wipe it dry, and put some baby powder to absorb the oil. If you are still concerned, use a condom. Personally, I only buy Toysheart and NPG Meiki series, because they are the only ones that are almost never oily.

darkhomer17
regular user

Post by darkhomer17 » 2018 Jan 27, 22:09

Yup, just give em a good ol wash. Also don't use rubbing alcohol, it could break down the material.

peachoppai
regular user

Post by peachoppai » 2018 Mar 26, 04:20

ehrmantraut88 wrote:
2018 Jan 20, 17:08
As long as it is genuinely made in Japan, it would probably not pose any health risk. All onaholes get oily over time. Cheap ones get oily faster than high-quality ones, like Meiki. For the outer surface, use some soap to clean it up, wipe it dry, and put some baby powder to absorb the oil. If you are still concerned, use a condom. Personally, I only buy Toysheart and NPG Meiki series, because they are the only ones that are almost never oily.
Most modern toys are listed as made with TPE. Are most TPE toys 100% TPE? I don't know much about this subject. But it has been mentioned that toys made of entirely TPE are "usually" safe. I presume you're saying all toys will get oily, including TPE. In this context you're referring to oil as Phthalates?
Do TPE produces oil (Phthalates)? I can't seem to find a direct answer to this. Or perhaps you're referring these oil as human oil, like sebum, oil from our hands and body because we touch these toys over time. TPE are porous (right?), so our oil are built up on the surface of the toys since we can't exactly clean the toy like professionals do.

Edit: I don't know anything about the said materials. I only read about them, but only understand like 5% of what they are. So excuse my ignorance. I appreciate anyone that correct me on anything I clearly don't understand.

AkaiHebi
admin
admin

Post by AkaiHebi » 2018 Mar 27, 17:45

No no phtalates are a different problem.
"jelly rubber" toys typically contain phtalates (typical example: https://blog.onahole.eu/reviews/onahole ... at-2nd-gig )

Nowadays the major onahole makers label their toys as "phtalate-free" or complying to Japanese Ministry of Food regulations. Which is not a guarantee there's zero endocrine disruptors in toys -effects of which are very hard to diagnose anyway so research has to make some progress on that.

It's rather common that onahole makers add mineral oil, to make the toy more flexible. This can usually be easily spotted by putting a perfectly dry onahole on a sheet of paper for a little while: you may notice a "greasy" transparent spot that doesn't dry off.
This is most noticeable with hot weather (the onahole doesn't "melt", but it's shape can change).

And that's also why onaholes are flammable ^^

darkhomer17
regular user

Post by darkhomer17 » 2018 Mar 27, 22:46

Holy AkaiHebi, I didn't know onahole are flammable.

peachoppai
regular user

Post by peachoppai » 2018 Mar 28, 06:28

AkaiHebi wrote:
2018 Mar 27, 17:45
No no phtalates are a different problem.
"jelly rubber" toys typically contain phtalates (typical example: https://blog.onahole.eu/reviews/onahole ... at-2nd-gig )

Nowadays the major onahole makers label their toys as "phtalate-free" or complying to Japanese Ministry of Food regulations. Which is not a guarantee there's zero endocrine disruptors in toys -effects of which are very hard to diagnose anyway so research has to make some progress on that.

It's rather common that onahole makers add mineral oil, to make the toy more flexible. This can usually be easily spotted by putting a perfectly dry onahole on a sheet of paper for a little while: you may notice a "greasy" transparent spot that doesn't dry off.
This is most noticeable with hot weather (the onahole doesn't "melt", but it's shape can change).

And that's also why onaholes are flammable ^^
Very informative. Learned so much from that! So about hot weather. Should we place our onahole in the refridgerator? Lol kidding. Not sure what happens if onaholes are cold, would probably make them permanently harder? and thats not what I want. Do you have any recommendation on how to store onaholes to avoid things like molds and deformation?

AkaiHebi
admin
admin

Post by AkaiHebi » 2018 Mar 28, 10:37

To avoid mold it's paramount any remaining moisture goes away. Some people add silica gel pack together with the toys in a box, but if possible I recommend simply letting the onahole in the open (if your room is well ventilated). If necessary, one can use a ventilator to make enough air flow for good drying.

While onaholes shouldn't be exposed to direct sunlight (UV rays can break down molecules and structures), they also shouldn't be left too long in a dark place (where mold thrives) -especially if they're not perfectly dry from any water. So drawers are not a good idea (not to mention some insects look for damp holes in dark places (I once saw a common earwig crawl out in all haste when I started pouring lube in the onahole).

Hot weather, when it goes 30°C and up, yeah your onaholes may deform a bit (and it's true onahole's insides "adapt" over time due to the body heat of the penis, so that's normal behavior). But the refrigerator seems way too moist a place to store onaholes. They'd get less flexible but nah they don't freeze to stone ^^

peachoppai
regular user

Post by peachoppai » 2018 Mar 29, 00:17

AkaiHebi wrote:
2018 Mar 28, 10:37
To avoid mold it's paramount any remaining moisture goes away. Some people add silica gel pack together with the toys in a box, but if possible I recommend simply letting the onahole in the open (if your room is well ventilated). If necessary, one can use a ventilator to make enough air flow for good drying.

While onaholes shouldn't be exposed to direct sunlight (UV rays can break down molecules and structures), they also shouldn't be left too long in a dark place (where mold thrives) -especially if they're not perfectly dry from any water. So drawers are not a good idea (not to mention some insects look for damp holes in dark places (I once saw a common earwig crawl out in all haste when I started pouring lube in the onahole).

Hot weather, when it goes 30°C and up, yeah your onaholes may deform a bit (and it's true onahole's insides "adapt" over time due to the body heat of the penis, so that's normal behavior). But the refrigerator seems way too moist a place to store onaholes. They'd get less flexible but nah they don't freeze to stone ^^
This is sooo hard hahaha. However I thought up of a possible way, not sure it's a good idea. You tell me. My plan is to get a box, plastic, wood or metal. I'd drill a lot of holes for ventilations. I have some spare PC fans lying around, hook those up, one in front and back, one way air flow. I would also install a LED light inside this box to keep it from being dark.
Some may say I'm being crazy about all of this. I just have these materials lying around, so it wouldn't cost me to do this. I would either have to store it in a dark place after drying anyway, so I might as well do a better job. What do you think? Can you picture what I'm trying to do?

AkaiHebi
admin
admin

Post by AkaiHebi » 2018 Mar 29, 11:29

A sophisticated setup ^^ Rather pick the plastic box, it's easier to tinker with and isn't mold-friendly.