Panic at the Customs

Give and ask help for choosing products
Sadwagon

Panic at the Customs

Post by Sadwagon » 2016 Feb 24, 12:14

Dear forumers and onahole experts, I ask for your advice on the following matter.

Given my usual splendid luck, my customs trapped my order.
This wouldn't be usually a problem, I was already prepared to pay like a good law abiding citizen, however I did not expect the following:

I made my order from otonajp during their valentines day -14% off promotion.
The onaholes cost roughly 7500 Yen, minus the 1050 Yen thanks to the sale.
I chose the "Regular Airmail Small Packet" shipping option for about 3100 Yen.
So right now we are at the total of about 9600 yen.
I knew about the gift declaration option that otonajp offers, however I asked them not to label it as a gift (because I know my customs would instantly swoop on that and I don't want to be fucked because of an alleged tax evasion attempt).
Instead I asked Otonajp to declare the real value on the shipping box, I received a kind and fast customer service reply and they confirmed my request.

I saw on the tracking page that customs decided to hold my package and today the postman brought me the letter.
I'm advised to mail to my customs a paypal invoice, bank statement for the transaction, personal data and data of the sender, plus a declaration of all items in my package and their net worth.
This would be still OK, but here are the problems:
First of all, for some reason the shipping method was changed to EMS. (I read every guide and knew for a long time that EMS should be avoided if possible. Or perhaps "Regular Airmal" is the same thing?) Otonajp never notified me of this change - or any following changes - at all.
Because of this the shipping cost on the small blue shipping notice slip reads a cost of 4150 Yen (instead of the 3100).
Secondly, the total value is labeled as 6300 Yen. What is this now? Does this include the shipping cost or not? If I add the two together, I'm at 10450, even though I paid 9600 Yen.
Thirdly, based on the previous point, how am I supposed to declare now which item is worth how much? In another column a value of 49 Euro is written.
Either way, I MUST attach my paypal invoice so I have to declare the real, exact cost of each item as it was when I purchased them (which would be 7500 minus 1050 - either which is more than 49 Euro)
But you see, the problem is that Otonajp wrote different values for some reason. Why did they do this?
I can't properly declare anythhing in this way at all, not the total sum, not each item on their own, since my (true) paypal invoice will be different from the shipping slip.
Not to mention, the last issue is that I have to declare the exact name of the items in my own language, which is laughable, because they don't exist here, all I could do is write their english names (or maybe translate them?) and add "toy figure" in my own language after each onahole.
Oh and I have no idea how to write in roman letters the name of the sender, since I can't even read it.

Additionaly, it seems highly plausible that customs will now open my package.
And honestly, I'm not sure if they would mind my japanese rubber vaginas or not. 2 of them have actual sex scenes on them so what if they'd deem it to be obscene or vulgar?
At this point I'm kind of freaked out (even though I tried to write all of this calmly while collecting all of my thoughts) and in this panicked state, I've been thinking;
maybe it's better if I don't send any documents to arrange for my package, no? I mean, all the hassle, what if they fuck me over for false value declaration, which isn't even my fault (in fact I tried to do it properly since the start), what if they fuck me because for some reason they find my onaholes to be illegal, not to mention the nearly 1/3rd of total value I will have to pay for VAT and handling fees.
Maybe it's better if I ignore it, the package will be shipped back and Otonajp will reimburse the cost of the onaholes (except for the shipping, I guess that's lost). But it would be still better to be safe?

Any advices or ideas on this?
I have to act within 5 business days.
I'm not sure if I should even contact Otonajp, or should I?
Fuckkedy fuck my life.
All this stress for a little bit of penile pleasure.

AkaiHebi
admin
admin

Re: Panic at the Customs

Post by AkaiHebi » 2016 Feb 25, 23:40

→ why are customs doing this ? → to me, it seems they're doing a random authentication check. Happened to me once. Basically, they pick up a few random packets each day, and request information to check if sender and receiver exist, check if it's an "end user sale" or "B2B sale", and so on.

The regular airmail being finally EMS is questioning me. Is it because of the package weight ?
→ value is always the content, shipping must not be included. That's also why they want the per-item value, since the bank/Paypal statement only mention the total price with shipping.

I'm going to add an extra layer of headache: the expressed value is in JPY, what exchange rate did they use to write the 49 Euro ?! Customs are acting kinda unprofessional there.. (God forbid they misread the value and think the content is worth 6300 € !!). Anyway. The value is what you paid for, including the sale. 6300 JPY seems correct.

About the package being returned: I have no earthly idea how long customs will be waiting for a response, and what they do afterwards. I'm not even sure the EMS insurance covers it, should they simply discard it..
Anyway. I'm forwarding this forum thread to otonaJP to save you the trouble to type everything again, so you can define a course of action in this situation :) Simply confirm to support so they can match you with your customer data.

otonajp

Post by otonajp » 2016 Feb 26, 08:15

Hello,

this is Hiromi from otonaJP. We will do our best to help you in this situation.

I will try to describe the basic situation here but for all details and personal information i kindly ask you to contact us at info@otonajp.com as we can not disgus severythign in here due to Privacy Issues.

We have checked our records and indeed the package was by mistake send with EMS Express instead of Airmail. What for many would be a happy case as the Express shipping is expensive it caused you worries in this situation and we deeply apologize for our mistake.

The value you are referring to of 49 Euro is the value inn Euro of the total price of your ordered items in Japanese Yen using the most up do date exchange rate of the day of shipping. The price of the shipping cost is labeled at another place on the package as the price for shipping and the price of the contents of the package are two different things and can not be mixed up. We have a copy of the original packing slip which we will provide to you once you contacted us. In there you can see all the info and see that all info is correct as you requested it.

The original invoice showing all the items prices and names was send to you by email at the time of shipping. If you don´t have it we can send it you again immideatly.

However please do not be worried about the situation. The fact that your package has been stopped has nothing to do with the type of shipping. As Akai Hebi said, customs simply decide to check certain packages cause they can´t know if the value on the package is correct or not cause even you and me know that we did label the package with the correct value, customs don´t know that and they simply want to check it. This is unfortunately something that can happen in any country of the world when importing something from Overseas. if we at otonaJP import something from another country to Japan then we have the same situation.

However, i hope my post ist not getting to long :) Please contact us for details but i am promising at this point that if your customs taxes are higher due to our mistake with the shipping method we will cover the amount you paid extra and refund it to you. We at otonaJP are giving the highest priority to customer service and if we did a mistake then surely we will cover for the consequences if there are any.

We are waiting for your contact by mail. Please understand that due to your Privacy and Privacy Laws we can not further disguss details in this Forum as this is an open Forum that everyone can see and access.

Thank you for your kind understanding.

Hiromi

Sadwagon

Post by Sadwagon » 2016 Feb 26, 10:30

Dear Otonajp, thank you for contacting me, I wrote you an email.

AkaiHebi -
I know, it's a random check, that's not what I meant.
My customs seem to really dislike EMS packets, they have a designated stamper to declare it for VAT charges.

It looks like EMS and regular airmail is not the same thing.
I know that the value is meant only for the items, but they will still charge me for both the item's value and shipping together, so all numbers would need to correspond, both for the total and individually.

Please don't scare me, I would be never able to pay that in my whole life.
Customs did not write anything value-wise, (they only sent me the standard forms to fill out).
The values and prices are on the blue shipping notice slip, which customs only took from the package.
Thanks for your help too!