Connection problems from Germany ?

random stuff
AkaiHebi
admin
admin

Connection problems from Germany ?

Post by AkaiHebi » 2015 Aug 19, 21:01

EDIT: I finally found out what's going on ! Many thanks to you all !

Hi everybody,

Since 1 month ago, visits from Germany have drastically decreased on the Onahole Review blog. From around 60 per day down to 5 per day. I also saw a noticeable decrease of German visits on the forums and boards.
I noticed this only yesterday, and I have very much trouble figuring out what's exactly going on. So far, these are the possibilities:
  • DNS-censorship by state authority on everything "onahole.eu"
  • the websites has been flagged as "adult website" and so filtered out by family filters enabled by default
  • surrounding the Netzpolitik.org event, many Germans suddenly started using privacy-protecting software and so aren't recorded in my stats anymore
  • Germans suddenly completely avoid Onahole Review or aren't interested in sextoys/fapheroes anymore
  • (other)
Since I live on the other side of the Rhine, I'm unable to do extensive tests. Of course, TOR exit nodes located in Germany have no trouble accessing Onahole Review.
So, since there are still a few Germans or people who have German friends accessing Onahole Review, I hope they notice the message on the blog and come read this thread. Please help me out understanding what's going on !

The test

While using your web browser and your internet service provider's default DNS servers (home only, don't test from work), please try accessing the Onahole Review blog. You can test with cable connection, fiber, mobile network, anything.
If you see those kind of messages:
- certificate not valid
- couldn't connect to the server
- couldn't find the server
- or any message from an authority or your parental control software

Please tell me what is your internet service provider, connection type, and antivirus/parental control.
Additionally, if you know how, please tell me the IP address associated with "blog.onahole.eu"

In case you don't want to test on the Blog (it has adult content after all), you can do the test on this page: https://dnstest.onahole.eu/
It's completely safe for work or for family, it only contains this:
gfg.png
gfg.png (8.4 KiB) Viewed 1259 times
You don't need to register an account to post in this thread.
Thank you very much for your help !

gilic

Re: Connection problems from Germany ?

Post by gilic » 2015 Aug 21, 14:47

no problem with mobile firefox on my oneplus one with eplus(telefonica/o2) as service provider.
the same for my pc with envia-tel.net as dns provider, security essentials as antivirus, no parental controls and cable internet.

AkaiHebi
admin
admin

Post by AkaiHebi » 2015 Aug 21, 16:12

gilic wrote:no problem with mobile firefox on my oneplus one with eplus(telefonica/o2) as service provider.
the same for my pc with envia-tel.net as dns provider, security essentials as antivirus, no parental controls and cable internet.
Thanks for your report ! And indeed, you didn't appear in the logs :/ You use Adblock / uBlock / noScript / Ghostery / Disconnect / on Firefox maybe ?

Flash

Post by Flash » 2015 Aug 21, 16:23

Everything seems to be normal. Fast and complete download. No search restrictions in seach machines encountered.

AkaiHebi
admin
admin

Post by AkaiHebi » 2015 Aug 21, 17:11

Flash → you posted from a CloudFlare IP :|
Hoooooly shit I think I just understood what's going on, when comparing live logging on Wordpress and the Piwik logs :o

Wordpress (Wassup): Visitor IP: 91.16.171.*** on Deutsche Telekom network, connected using Windows 10 and Chrome 44, screen 1680x1050, time 16:51:22 (UTC)
Piwik: Visitor IP: 162.158.93.*** on CloudFlare network (assigned to San Fransisco, USA), exact same system, browser, screen size, page view and timestamp !
(yes, mod_cloudflare is enabled, should you ask)

For some reason Germans (and only Germans) see their IP being replaced by CloudFlare's in Piwik, and so get recorded as Americans !
The important thing is: Germans can still access Onahole Review without problem. I'm so relieved :D

Thanks for your reports, you really were helpful !