Customs UK help

Give and ask help for choosing products
Miuna

Customs UK help

Post by Miuna » 2016 Oct 05, 22:57

Hi everyone

A quick question seeking advice with customs when importing into the UK.

The situation im in is, i ordered a few Onaholes from Jlist via Ems shipping which are now being held in customs.

I know i shouldn't have used ems now but i never in the past knew there was such rules to importing Onaholes from Japan. in the past i never have had issues so i was a bit thrown by it in honesty until reading threads here.

Anyway, ems has tracking and i noticed my package has stopped moving since its last update 3 days ago stating "in customs", obviously it has been taken to customs as normally after landing it is sent to sorting and delivered (not held in customs).

My issue is most the packaging has lets say less than acceptable artwork on them, sure inside is just a rubber toy but i doubt customs will see it so.

I have yet to hear from customs as of yet but I'm not home at the moment as im with friends on a camping trip and won't return until Saturday, i asked my parents if i had any letters or anything but they said nothing has come.

I have pretty much broken so many taboo here by using ems, not having package art removed (not that jlist offer this... unless maybe requested?) and using my main address.

I was wondering what i could likely expect from customs when i do hear from them, why i might not have heard from them yet or what might come of this? I am a little bothered at the moment as mentioned, several have less than acceptable artwork on the box and not being home is not making my worries any less.  If it was just for price confirmation purposes i wouldn't mind but content wise...

i have searched some threads here but little mention the UK or what is happening behind the scenes at the moment. I would happily be done with the order and return it if i could as it's causing some big concerns and sleepless nights.

Could anyone shed some much needed knowledge, wisdom or light?

thanks.
(sorry if this is badly written, i have been using my phone and it isn't the easiest).

Cr4zyDuck
blog author
blog author

Re: Customs UK help

Post by Cr4zyDuck » 2016 Oct 11, 14:59

If there are no lolis on the packaging then you should be fine, probably...

CherryJam

Re: Customs UK help

Post by CherryJam » 2016 Oct 15, 12:31

Hi, I hope you are still doing ok.

First of all, if it has arrived in UK, the tracking number provided by the vendor is unlikely to track your packages any further, so you'll have to use the tracking number on any UK delivery site if you want to know more about your package. Most packages are most likely handled and being held by ParcelForce's customs team if delivered by EMS. (EMS delivery service are usually economical compared to other courier service with the same speed, but its draw back is it's handling time in UK customs. That is why a lot of people suggest using DHL, though a bit pricy if you ask me.)

Anyways, you shouldn't worry tooooo much I would say, they only open your package if they deemed your package to be suspicious (drugs and weapons?), which is kinda rare I think, giving that its only plastic toys within the box. In any circumstances, the reason they are holding your packages for this long is probably because they are taking their time to sort out your tax and other stuff, I have rang the ParcelForce's customer team before about this issue and they usually suggest me to wait for 10 working days before worrying, as the customs will take up to 10 working days to process the package.

I hope your package (and you) are still alive :P, please give us an update if you have any news from the package.