otona sekai cheating with shipping costs

Give and ask help for choosing products
maikiboy

otona sekai cheating with shipping costs

Post by maikiboy » 2016 Sep 28, 08:40

Hello,

i am not so sure if this is the right place to post that but i actually realised something that many people might not be aware about yet. I found some posts about it on 4chan already but nothing major.

As many others i guess i checked out the new shop otona sekai. Being a loyal customer of NLS and otonajp before i wanted to see how the new shop is doing but what i found out was shocking to me. They are overcharging with shipping fees. While for my personal order they overcharged me by more than 18 Euro i thought that might be a mistake (which can happen) but when checking other items and comparing the shipping prices i found out that specially with large items they always charge more than any other shop (J List, NLS, Kanojo or otonajp) and i think that seems to be there system.

While i do not want to accuse them of cheating it is very odd in imho that they charge more every time, looking like they are supporting cheap prices by overcharging for shipping. While the order was ok i feel bad and asking them about it i got no reply. And since i found out i feel very bad as i know that many people save up their money to specially order larger items from japan, many people including me are still students and a company like otona sekai should not cheat with shipping costs. Even in total they are cheaper than J List or NLS i feel at least that the other shops are honest and not pretending to be cheap when in fact they are not.

I will never buy from otona sekai again and i will stay with the other retailers like otonajp or NLS as so far with them i never had any problems. Did anyone had similar problems with them ? I saw that at infernal monkeys blog the comments are full with people complaining about them and since i am not a big fan of 4chan actually i thought to try my luck in here.

FAMISIL

Re: otona sekai cheating with shipping costs

Post by FAMISIL » 2016 Sep 30, 20:32

Ordering from Otona-Sekai always comes out cheaper for me, compared to otonajp and nls, although i only ordered from otonajp and otona-sekai and never from nls.

Honestly i never compared the shipping prices, since as i mentioned before, it always comes out cheaper in the end when i order from them, i made two orders and never had an issue, they have a nice customer support (their english is a bit sloppy), the packages came nicely packed, discreet and fast shipping compared to otonajp (maybe i was lucky).

I have a package from them that just shipped today from japan, i will probably continue buying from them until something happens, but i follow the prices in the end and go for cheapest option.

My experinece is only 4 orders, 2 from Otonajp and 2 from Otona-Sekai, and i made my most expensive, 60 euros, from otona-sekai.

I noticed they tend to undervalue the package alot and declare as gift but you can always ask them to not do that or undvalue to a certain value, also they can remove the packaging of the item, if you desire, although i never ask to.

Some people here might give a more detailed explanation but in my opinion, i like them and will continue to do business with them.

AkaiHebi
admin
admin

Post by AkaiHebi » 2016 Sep 30, 20:38

Yes this was also pointed out on InfernalMonkey's blog post's comments, as you said: http://infernalmonkey.com/2016/06/21/ni ... /#comments
While it's not really "cheating", it's still a rather deceiving business practice (the customer seeing the public price, but not the shipping price until they place the order). They may still be relevant if they provide good service and reach the turning point when they don't need such trick to have enough customers.

And the similar brand name to OtonaJP is another issue that could confuse people :dunno:
Attachments
1.png

maikiboy

Post by maikiboy » 2016 Oct 02, 09:46

@Famisil honeslty in my opinion it looks like you kinda advertising for otona sekai. Its totally fine that you like them but some of your stuff was really not on topic, besides, cheaper than otonajp or nls in totally with shipping.....i doubt it but it probably be true form some stuff, don´tknow.

I only pointed out what they are doing and this is cheating in my book. While i understand AkaiHebi saying that its not really cheating i do feel so, even it may not be against the law...no idea about that...i am not a lawyer. If i say a package costs 20 Euros to send but in fact its only 15 Euro but i received 20 Euro, then it is a lie. I know that international shipping costs are based on weight and that some shops use more heavy packaging than others but the differences are often very big (specially larger items) and too much to be a coincidence. And if its even not really cheating it is at least telling a lie and leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth as a customer who trusted them

As for the name, i am not really sure what otona means but since there are so few shops selling adult stuff from japan the naming surely is a bit weird but i guess there was a lack of their own original idea.

I do not wanna bash otona sekai here. If who buys form them is satisfied than thats surely cool, have your way. But people should be aware of what they are doing and decide for them self how they feel about it. They should start to be honest and its funny that i can find similar reports of that strategy from their main shop nippon yasan...so after all it might be just a good way to get some more profit.

Everyone should decide for themself how they feel about the facts and only the facts. I just hope that the info is helpsome to people who read this.

FAMISIL

Post by FAMISIL » 2016 Oct 02, 19:13

I am not advertising them in anyway, i am just sharing my experience with them because they seem to get bad "reviews" because of their shipping prices and other stuff and yes, i remember there was some trouble with the shipping costs in the beginning but that seems fixed now.

I honestly don´t understand the shipping prices and how they should work, but they still haven´t disappointed me and tried decieve me (that i noticed).

maikiboy

Post by maikiboy » 2016 Oct 05, 08:10

Sorry FAMISIL, i was not trying to offend you in any way, maybe my wording was a bit harsh. Thank you for your contribution here.

However, after doing more careful research on the matter in can say with 100% certainty that otona sekai is doing monkey business (do put it in a nice way) with the shipping costs. They constantly overcharge which might not affect small orders so much but the bigger the order gets the more they overcharge. When going very large i even found differences of up to 80 Euro on certain oorders compare to other shops like otonajp, kanojotoys or NLS.

So i really am not a friend of starting rumors or riots online and i think, same as in real life people need to be careful what they say online and certain that it is not bullshit. But even with careful consideration i have to say that i feel that they are cheating. I am not saying that you send them money and they do not send you your goods but they do overcharge shipping wich is a fact and i think even in some, at least European countrries a crime for wrong declaration. And while i can not confirm this myself but the internet is full with people saying they had problems with them and their parent shop nippon yasan....there are even websites warning of them. Well i do understand that there are negative comments about every site on this planet but with them it tends to be too much and there seems to be a strategy in their doing.

So everyone be at least careful and take the info into consideration. As for me i am a student and i am driving pizza as a part time job for 5 euros an hour (below minimum wage) which means that i nearly have to work 4 hours for the 18 Euros they overcharged me, to compensate them. This is not nice and while some people might think i am overreacting i was shocked by that and i never made such experience with other shops i ordered from before. And after all, no one at otona sekai took the time to answer me as i am sure they are well aware of what they did. I am deeply disapointed.