Otana Sekai & Customs

Give and ask help for choosing products
zexal

Otana Sekai & Customs

Post by zexal » 2017 May 22, 07:07

So i recently ordered my first onahole from otona sekai , and being the noob that i am i chose EMS as my shipping method. Unsurprisngly my package was held and i received a letter requesting an invoice as proof of payment or else my package would not be released.

The problem is that on my invoice there is the real value listed while Otona Sekai declared a low value of 21 euro without my permission? Customer support was utterly useless as they dont seem to even understand what im telling them , replying with "you dont have to do anything you just have to wait until customs are finished" after i provided the letter i received CLEARLY requesting the invoice or else my package would be held...unbellievable.

Should i just present the real invoice with the real value at customs? would i face any charges for tax evasion or something?

Any advice please? :(
Last edited by zexal on 2017 May 22, 13:26, edited 1 time in total.

Cr4zyDuck
blog author
blog author

Re: Otana Sekai & Customs

Post by Cr4zyDuck » 2017 May 22, 12:59

Wow that looks really strange. With French custom I always request the package to be labeleds bellow 20€ and I've never had any trouble at this point. Which country are you from ?

zexal

Post by zexal » 2017 May 22, 13:24

Cr4zyDuck wrote:
2017 May 22, 12:59
Wow that looks really strange. With French custom I always request the package to be labeleds bellow 20€ and I've never had any trouble at this point. Which country are you from ?
Malta , this probably happened because i chose EMS , customs dont like EMS it seems and will often open them and request proof of payment to verify its not taxable. Otana-Sekai told me that the only thing to do is give them the real invoice , im unsure if this would get me into some trouble though :/

Cr4zyDuck
blog author
blog author

Post by Cr4zyDuck » 2017 May 22, 18:25

I think it would be safer for you to be honest and provide the real documents. At least explain them that due to the nature of the content (sexual stuff) the shop (in this case clearly mention otonasekai) did undervalue the package on its own and that you weren't aware of that.

If there are no lolicious related product inside, then they can hardly do something against you since buying sextoys isn't a crime.

But next time, AVOID EMS at all cost ! Go for registred/SAL instead :P

zexal

Post by zexal » 2017 May 22, 20:27

Cr4zyDuck wrote:
2017 May 22, 18:25
I think it would be safer for you to be honest and provide the real documents. At least explain them that due to the nature of the content (sexual stuff) the shop (in this case clearly mention otonasekai) did undervalue the package on its own and that you weren't aware of that.

If there are no lolicious related product inside, then they can hardly do something against you since buying sextoys isn't a crime.

But next time, AVOID EMS at all cost ! Go for registred/SAL instead :P
he item is ACTUALLY loli related as its a Puni Ana DX , but i asked Otona Sekai to remove the packaging and CD , HOPEFULLY they listened!